Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Callan is 5 months old!

HOW OLD?!

Callan turns 5 months old today! I am such a bad mommy. I had actually forgotten until I got my babycenter.com email this afternoon telling me all about 5 month old babies. I thought to myself, "What 5 month old baby? Callan isn't 5 months old yet!" I was horrified to realize that actually, he is...and I hadn't even realized it.

He is cooing and singing up a storm. He loves to hear Chase sing his ABCs, and then try to sing along. It's the funniest thing. He is turning out to be much more of a mama's boy than Chase was at this age. If I'm not holding him he at least wants me in his sight. He isn't the greatest sleeper either, so I've started just bringing him to bed with me at some point during the night. It might also be due to teething. A tooth made an appearance early in the month, but it disappeared! I know...it's weird, but I guess it's pretty common.

He loves to play in his Exersaucer (see video in previous post) while Chase plays at his train table. I'm sure the day will come when they'll be fighting over toys. But for now we are enjoying the peace as they play side-by-side.

Callan is also a much bigger baby than Chase was. He's almost 17lbs now...which is how much Chase weighed at 9 months! He's growing out of clothes and diapers in a blink of an eye.

I've heard that the second child seems to grow up much faster than the first. It is so true. I feel like being at work I am missing so much! I am enjoying my job, but some days I am torn and wish I could be the one taking care of my boys everyday. Hopefully someday soon we'll be able to make that happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Hopefully someday soon we'll be able to make that happen." Kelly read this and said this will happen when/if we receive a very large inheritance so that we can build/buy a bigger house. LOL! Okay...maybe someday we'll work out something resembling me working less. :)