Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring is here! Wait...where did it go?

We lucked out with some nice weather this weekend. It was warm and sunny on Saturday, so we took the boys to the park to play and have lunch. Sunday was cloudy, but the rain stayed away until late afternoon. Monday we got the last of the sun for awhile, so I took the boys for a walk to the park after work. It was the first time Callan got to sit in the double stroller in the "big boy" position. Until now he'd been in the back lying flat. You couldn't even tell he was in there and he couldn't really see anything. Yesterday he seemed very happy to sit up and see the world while we strolled.


It seems that Chase got his 2 year molars when no one was paying attention. I was checking Callan's mouth for teeth the other day & jokingly said to Chase, "Let me see if you have any new teeth!" Sure enough, there they were. I could only see the ones on the bottom because he wouldn't let me look long enough to see the top. My guess is that they came in during that horrible time after Kelly's surgery when I had just returned to work, Kelly was in Europe, Callan started daycare and both the kids had colds. But at least we are done with Chase's teeth. Now we get to wait for Callan's.

Today Kelly and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary! It has been a very busy and crazy 6 years, but I don't think I'd trade it for the world. Even the hardest of times have shaped us into the family we are now. Happy Anniversary, babe!


2 comments:

dameDonna said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

2008 is here!!! Wait...where did our lives go?! Your boys are wonderful, and they are so lucky to have you and Kelly leading their pack. Happy Aniversary, Katherine.
love, Marion
PS: Callan's bedhead is the cutest thing! And, Chase is so amazingly grown up looking now. Hard to remember when he looked a lot like his little brother.