Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall is upon us

Callan is adjusting to his cast very well. The first two days he fell down a lot, due to the slight bit of extra weight on one side. But now he is crawling around and pulling himself up just fine. He actually loves to bang his cast on different things to hear the sound it makes. I thought he would get really frustrated only being able to eat with one hand, but he is doing just fine. The only things that seem to still frustrate are not being able to hold his cup and having a hard time rolling over on his right side. That darn cast just gets in the way! Kelly and I haven't figured out how to give him a bath and keep the cast completely dry yet. Babies don't tend to appreciate plastic bags and rubber bands on their arms.

Today we had Kendra, Sabrina & Devon over to decorate pumpkin. The kids had a great time dressing up and making jack-o-lanterns with foam stickers. Chase is getting excited for Halloween and has been practicing his trick-or-treating. He brings his treat bag to the kitchen, knocks on the baby gate, says "trick or treat!" and waits for a "treat."

I can't believe Chase will turn 3 on Saturday! Where has the time gone? He still seems like such a little guy to me. But then I look at pictures I take and he looks like such a big boy! We are having a Thomas the Train themed party with lots of yellow (his favorite color) at a local tumbling gym. Chase can't wait! The kids will get to take a gymnastics class with a trampoline, obstacle course and games before pizza & cupcakes. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Below are some pictures of the boys in their costumes. You can see part of Callan's cast on his right hand.

Frog & Nemo



Big boy at the water fountain


Riding in the wagon

No comments: