Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's a new year

We started off 2009 by putting all of our Christmas decorations away and getting rid of our tree. I can't remember a year where we felt more relieved to do this. I think we will make this a New Year's Day tradition from now on. But in reality, Christmas isn't really "over" yet. Because of all of the snow, we still haven't been able to celebrate Christmas with Grandma Sheila, Aunt Gayla & Cousin Kaleb down in Vancouver. We hope to get down there in the next week or so.

The snow finally melted, but it is still pretty cold. Yesterday we had a warmer day - 45 degrees and sunny - so the boys and I ventured to the playground. It felt like a sneak-peak at spring!

We didn't really make any heavy New Year's resolutions this year, but we do have some fun things planned. The boys and I will be visiting my parents in Palm Springs for a couple of weeks in March. I can't wait to swim in the pool and soak up some sun! Kelly is going to join us for a few days too. Then in late March and April, Chase and I have both signed up for cooking classes.

Oh! How could I forget to mention that Chase started swimming lessons this month?! He is in a class that is just for 3-year-old and is completely instructor-taught. It's the first time he's been in the pool without Mommy or Daddy. He is learning how to paddle to the side of the pool, hold on to the side, kick and blow bubbles. It is a 5 week class, but I can already tell we'll be signing him up again. He is really enjoying it!

One last note: You may have noticed that the blog is no longer password protected. Kelly and I decided to stop doing that since it was keeping a lot of people from visiting. So from now on, all you need to do is come to the page! Also, please ignore any mispellings and bad grammer. :) I've decided it's more important to just get the darn post up than to worry about it being perfect (for now).

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Katie! It's no mystery who is the Mom of those two! They are adorable! Thanks so much for keeping us informed. Did you know that Laurel is pregnant, due in July. The grandparents are very excited, of course! Jeremy and Rox are adopting Isaac, 11 months, to keep Owen company (he is 4 1/2). Full, wonderful lives with these precious blessings!! Love ya, Terrie