Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sailor Boys

Kelly is at the end of a week long - and much needed - sailing trip. Today the boys and I joined him for a day sail near Olympia, WA. I have been nervous about taking our incredibly active kids on a sailboat, but we've been talking about this for a long time. We did a little research to get ideas on how to keep them safe and keep it fun.

It was a perfect day for sailing. The sun was shining and the wind was slight. We spotted jellyfish, porpoises and cranes. The boys loved exploring the inside of the boat, but I think their favorite part was getting to "drive."

We all got our fill after about 2 hours. Any more than that and I think we would have all gone crazy. But hopefully, in years to come, the boys will develop a love of sailing and we can go on longer trips as a family. 

No comments: