Callan is 7 months old today. It is hard to believe he is closer to 1 year than birth. He has made amazing changes over the past month. He finally took to eating some baby food late last week. Before that he just spit it out and gagged (nothing like his food-crazy brother!). He is also sitting up on his own and rolling all over the place. He is starting to play independently, but always prefers to play with Chase.
We haven't weighed him in awhile but I would guess that he's already around 18 lbs. It's getting tough to lug him around in his infant car seat, so we'll have to move him to a convertible seat soon.
Both Chase and Callan are doing great and loving their new daycare. Chase comes home with artwork frequently and his vocabulary is growing everyday. He can count to 16 by himself and to 21 with help. He is doing really well with potty training. I think it will take him awhile because he's still having a hard time not being the baby of the family. But most days he goes in the potty and avoids going in his "pull-up." He has already filled one sticker potty chart and is working on a second.
July is going to be a busy month for the Guenther family. I looked at the calendar the other day and realized we are gone every weekend in July...and then some! But we'll be spending lots of time with family and really good friends.
Unemployment is a little hard to get used to. I still am not sure what to do with myself after the boys leave for the day. But I've sharpened up my resume and am actively looking for another job.
No comments:
Post a Comment