Monday, June 16, 2008

Changes, unemployment & new beginnings

Sorry I haven't been very good about updating the blog lately. And I'll apologize now for not having any recent photos, but I lost the cable for my camera.

We have had a whirlwind month. In late May we had to make a sudden change in our childcare situation. It was extremely stressful, but it was the right decision. The boys are now in a great new home-based daycare that they LOVE! Chase asks us everyday if he can go to "Angela's." They have 2 - 3 "teachers" at all times for 7 toddlers and 2 infants. There is a preschool program for the kids over 2 and Chase is really thriving. He has brought home some great artwork and even made a Father's Day card for Kelly.

Less than two weeks after getting the boys settled in their new daycare, I got laid off from my job. I got the news over the phone (I was home taking care of Callan, who was sick) the day before Kelly's birthday. It was a shock. I knew it was a possibility since our company was acquired by a bigger company in December, but I really was shocked. I took a week to just let it set in and chill out. Now, as soon as I get my severance agreement & unemployment details figured out, I'll start looking for a new job. I am really bummed because I loved my job. I made a lot of great friends there and I found the work challenging and rewarding. I'm hoping this is happening for a reason and that the next big thing is just around the corner. Until then I'll be enjoying the sun (when it comes out) & catching up on Tivo.

No comments: