Just yesterday, I left the room for 90 seconds to put something away in the bathroom. When I returned, Callan was gone. In that short amount of time he had put his shoes on, walked through the kitchen (I accidentally left the gate open) and made his way down our cement stairs with no railing to our back patio. Talk about a heart attack! Ack! Later, I went downstairs to start a new load of laundry. When I returned Chase was into something (I can't recall what) and Callan was STANDING ON HIS HIGH CHAIR with the phone in his hand and a broken toy piece in his mouth! Double Ack!
Clearly the boys are keeping me very busy. I know I have emails and phone calls I haven't returned. So to all of you who are waiting to hear from me...SORRY!!!
But truly, they don't drive me crazy every minute of the day. There are beautiful, fun and special moments everyday that make all craziness well worth it. Chase seems to have made a huge jump in his vocabulary. He says things like, "Sure, I think I would like doing that." and "Neither Callan or I want fish sticks for lunch." Today he said to me, "Mommy, I think the fairy in the yellow dress is named Bell. Do you think I might be right about that, Mommy?"
He also holds complete conversations with Callan that no one else can understand. It is so adorable it makes me laugh-cry...you know, when you laugh so hard you cry? Their conversations go a little something like this:
Chase: "Callan, why are you sad?"
Callan: "Mm-dah."
Chase: "Oh, you wanted to see that police car again?"
Callan: "Nnnn-duh."
Chase: "Oh, the garbage truck?
Callan: "Uh huh."
Chase: "Well, we passed it. Maybe we'll see it again, okay?"
Callan: "Uh huh."
Watching their favorite nature show
Chase's 1st face drawing "A Serious Man with Tiny Eyes"
Cupcakes=good
Cupcakes at the beach=rockin'!
No comments:
Post a Comment