Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So, anyone want to hear about my day?

This was one of those days when I should have checked my horoscope upon rising. I believe today's number would have been a 2 and advice would have been to stay in bed (as if that were possible).

The boys both had dentist appointments today, which I was dreading. I knew Callan had cavities, so I figured Chase would too. Plus, it was Callan's first time at the dentist and a new dentist for Chase. But we found a pediatric dentist in Burien, with a dinosaur themed office and great recommendations. I woke up tired, but hopeful and positive about our day. We left the house on time. The boys were happy. I had my coffee. Everything was looking good.

About 5 minutes into our drive I see a couple of crows in the middle of the road, enjoying a nice snack. I start to say out loud, "Move crow. Move crow. Move crow!" But taking my own advice (which I often give Kelly), I decided not to swerve and risk the crow's life rather than our three. Well, the crow didn't move. Apparently that snack was just too good...or he couldn't hear me yelling at him. So I "passed over him," heard a "thud-thunk," and sat bug-eyed in the driver's seat as I continued down the road. I immediately assumed that Chase, Mr. Sensitive, would be horrified. Instead, after a few thoughtful minutes, he said, "Mommy, that crow shouldn't eat his food in the street. He should eat it on the grass where it's safe." So true.

The dentist appointment went well. Chase was a star patient and made me very proud. Callan was pretty nervous, but did well for his first dentist visit. Then we got the bad news:

Callan: 4 cavities, $1784.00, general anesthesia
Chase: 3 cavities, $858, light sedation w/ the posibility of general anesthesia.

I don't know if you know this...but our kids are only 1 and 3. How on earth do they have cavities?!

We came home, ate lunch, got ready for nap...the usual. I was feeling more tired than usual, but assumed it was due to lack of sleep and the stress of the day. A little coffee would help, right? Nope. Apparently I am fighting my (as Chase would say) forty-twenty-ten-five-fifth case of mastitis. My friends, if you know what mastitis is and/or have experienced it...I will say nothing more. I will just take my Tylenol, drink my liquids and hopefully feel better tomorrow.

"What is the good news?", you say?

I honestly don't think tomorrow could be as crazy, stressful or tiring. But then, I haven't checked my calendar yet.

1 comment:

dameDonna said...

Oh man. It just kept getting worse. :-( I'm sorry.

Here's to a wonderful Thursday!!! TGITh!!