Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Have you heard? It's hot here.

We are having a heat wave right now. Well, a Seattle heatwave. We freak out when it hits 85. Sound silly? What if I told you that most of us don't have air conditioning, so when you come inside...it's a cool 84? After a few days of 85 -95 degree weather and your house never cooling off, you start to wake up to an 80 degree house. So Seattlelites are grouchy & complaining a lot.

I've decided to enjoy the hot weather the best I can. Only 7 months ago I was complaining about how cold it was and how sick I was of snow. Today we tried to stay out of the house and stay cool however we could. We headed to Seattle Center, rode the monorail, had lunch at the mall, splashed in the International Fountain with Kelly, played at The Children's Museum and then the boys took an air-conditioned nap in the car while I drove along the water.

Our heatwave isn't supposed to let up until Friday. I'm hoping I can hold out on complaining about the heat until then. Tomorrow, maybe we'll go hang out at Ikea.

First time on the monorail


Splashing fun with Daddy


Lots of COOL fun at the children's museum



Click here to see more from our day and the rest of July!
July2009

No comments: